Vinu(Thalai)
Jay(Cheta, Sujay)
Sowmya(Jumbo)
Thanuja(Nirma)
Ragini(Brucelee)
Divya(Billi)
Lalitha(I don’t think this lady had any other name) and
Myself.
Most of the times, the get-togethers we planned used to end up as a flop show. Nobody used to show interest in making it happen. But this time we managed to make it.
I have few strong reasons which actually made me write a blog about this outing.
Unlike our usual get-togethers, this one was special.
Vinu and Lalitha had night shifts on Friday and still they managed to join us on Saturday morning. I think they didn’t even have a couple of hours of sleep.
Jaykanth, despite suffering from cough and cold didn’t want to skip the outing as he wanted this get-together to happen.
Divya had to apply leave on Saturday.
This idea of get-together after almost a year was actually initiated by Divya the great and organized by Vinu the leader. So I would like to take this chance to appreciate both of them.
One interesting point to be noted here is, all the five ladies mentioned above, once our college beauties are now aunts… :) All are married.. I just gave a though before joining the crew, “How am I going to bare these aunts, will it gonna be a boring trip???”… Ooops, I was utterly wrong…. They all have the same enthusiasm, same interest.. They all still value the friendship…!! The outing really rocked..!
Mr.Vinu had booked a Tavera. He was the first person to get in and started picking everyone at their doorsteps. Jaykanth had come to my house and we both got into the car together.. Thanu was the last one to get in. She had told us that she would wait near Lifestyle. As we reached the place we actually couldn’t find her there. I said, “Kulli astu easy aagi kaansodilla, hudukbeku…(She is so short that she won’t be visible so easily. Shud search for her…) ”….
Except Ragini, everyone else had confirmed previous day, their presence for the outing. But as we reached Kengeri, Ragini gave us a call and told that if we can wait for half an hour, she can also join us. We always wanted to increase the strength and agreed. So just thought of eating something whilst we wait for Ragini. We halted near a small hotel in front of RV Engg College, had some food and then went to Global village (Mphasis building where Ragini works). Here we met Swathi (our classmate who unfortunately couldn’t make it this time) as well.
It was really nice to see all our classmates almost after 1 year. Nobody had changed except Jumbo, who had put on some more weight. Bruce Lee was just justifying her name :). She was still Bruce Lee….!!! Not many changes in people when looks are concerned.
On the way to our destination, it was so nice to recall all the funny and precious moments we have had during our college days. Stories about old crushes, Funny pranks on lecturers, bunking classes and subsequently getting caught, internal marks, external examiners what else and what not… We never realized that we had already reached our destination whilst we were busy discussing these stuffs.
We reached INNOVATIVE FILM CITY at around 1 PM.
... Continued in PART 2
You should have called Jumbo as Mega Jumbo
ReplyDeleteYeah... :) :)
ReplyDeleteHi Maga,
ReplyDeleteCheck out the second part of this post for valuable comments ;)P
Peace,
Frostmorune
He He .. Nice one Venkz ... I liked a few things that you pointed out:
ReplyDelete1. Just coz few ppl drop out doesn't mean you have to cancel the plan. Coz you'd end up never doing it.
2. The so called 'aunts' were still the same. Of course re ... I don't think just coz someone is married they'd lose their enthusiasm for FUN with friends .. that too with Old Buddies .... No ways! :)
I can picture all u ppl sitting in the Tavera and recollecting the silly/funny/senti/memorable incidents of coll ... Am sure it was a FUN ride! :)
Yeah Nish, I agree with u..
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, the outing was fun filled :)